Testicular Cancer, like all cancers is serious, and that can be classified by some as “bad.” There are symptoms and risk factors that can be associated with the disease. Below are some of the bad, and good news that is associated with testicular cancer.
The Bad News
- We have one young man dying every single day from testicular cancer
- Every hour one male is diagnosed with testicular cancer
- Testicular Cancer is the most common cancer in males ages 15-34
The Good News
- Testicular cancer is 99% beatable if caught in stage 1.
- Testicular cancer is one of the most beatable types of cancer
- If caught early, a simple surgery (orchiectomy) is all the treatment needed
- If the cancer has spread outside the testicle, survival rates are still 95%
- You have incredible resources and networks if diagnosed (including the Testicular Cancer Foundation) that can help you every step of the way.